Thursday, April 27, 2023


Crystal Ball 
silicon, plaster, wood, paint





 Thinking back on the items that sat in the same place on the shelves, unmoved and 

unnoticed in my childhood home is what drove me to create this piece. A crystal spikey ball that sat in the same place for nineteen years of my upbringing, reflecting the light that would shine through the windows, and for some reason, felt like the most sentimental thing in the room. My dad had told me that he bought it for my mom as a gift when he couldn’t even afford it. 

I replicated this sentimental item by creating a mold out of silicon to create the ball that the spikes would lie atop of. I incorporated wood spikes to have a mixed-media feel. The bright pinks and oranges on the ball contrast the wood.







 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Crystal Ball  silicon, plaster, wood, paint  Thinking back on the items that sat in the same place on the shelves, unmoved and  unnoticed in...